26 January 2009

Old Books Reading Society Podcast


I still need to deliver the promised St Hilary of Poitiers post, but I thought I’d go ahead and mention another thing briefly. For those of you who have been dying to hear my voice waxing philosophic about modern culture and reading old books, Justin Martyr (not the original one, but a contemporary of mine) has posted a podcast of an interview he did with yours truly about the book club my wife and I started—a subject I’ve meant to post about since I started this blog. The post will have to wait, but in the meantime, feel free to listen to the podcast here. I’ve already listened to it once myself to make sure I didn’t say anything exceptionally ridiculous or embarrassing, so I believe it’s now ready for public consumption. Anyway, I'm now halfway toward realising my goal of becoming a public intellectual, not to mention socialite and bon vivant.

Oh, I should add, by the way, that the interview's a bit old now. We are currently reading Don Quixote, not Plato's Laws. Everything else I said still applies, however!

5 comments:

Ochlophobist said...

Were you at the St. John Chrysostom celebration at House Springs in Sept. '07? You look familiar.

If you were there it is a shame we did not converse.

Pintradex said...

I edited out the exceptionally ridiculous. And all of it was me. My only regret is that I was not able to edit out my use of the word "dude".

You will make a good socialite. I suppose you can fill the spot I once held. Just the other day I was sitting at Red Cup and a local artist approached me and said "I heard you became a hermit."

You will be a great improvement and the other socialites will thank you.

That is a good photo of you, btw. The Logismoi blog is coming along nicely!

Aaron Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aaron Taylor said...

Och> I was indeed there. Actually, perhaps I'll post a photo of me and my dad there sometime. It is a terrible pity we didn't converse!

Justin> Thank you very much. Maybe with me dragging you out to the Red Cup so much the hermit-rumours will die down and your socialite status will return!

Aaron Taylor said...

I noticed on StatCounter that someone was looking at this post, so I came back to it. That picture was taken in happier times, before that shirt (my favourite, ever) was lost on the side of a Texas highway.

Oh, and we're reading the Prose Edda now, by the way.